- Show all articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 48 ) Collapse Articles
- DST: Depth, Speed & Temperature Module7
- NBF-3: NMEA 0183 Buffer10
- NDC-4: NMEA 0183 Multiplexer11
- NDC-5: NMEA 0183 Multiplexer1
- NGW-1 NMEA 2000 Gateway28
- OPTO-4: Serial Opto Isolator10
- PRO-BUF-1: Professional NMEA 0183 Buffer2
- PRO-MUX-1: Professional NMEA 0183 Multiplexer1
- USG-2: USB to Serial Gateway7
NGW-1 Wiring Connections
There is a diagram on page 6 of the NGW-1 User Manual that illustrates the connections from the NGW-1 to an NMEA 0183 device. The same diagram can be seen below.
NGW-1 connections to NMEA 0183 Talker and Listeners
To clarify these instructions:
The red and black pair are the NGW-1 Listener pair (RX) for connecting to the output of an NMEA 0183 Talker (TX).
The white and blue pair are the NGW-1 Talker pair (TX) for connecting to the input of NMEA 0183 Listener (RX).
NGW-1 connection to NMEA 2000 network
The diagram below provides a good example of how the NMEA 2000 network should be designed and how the NGW-1 fits in between your NMEA 0183 device(s) and the network.