- Show all articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 48 ) Collapse Articles
How to Record NMEA 2000 Data
If you’re experiencing issues with an NMEA 2000 network, it can be useful to take a recording of all the data on the network for analysis. You can do that using our free NMEA Reader software.
Here’s how to take a recording:
- Close all other software that may be using the NGT-1 (including Toolkit)
- Open NMEA Reader
- Open the COM port to the NGT-1 in NMEA Reader
- Click the floppy disk icon in the top left corner to start the recording
- Click the floppy disk icon again to finish the recording
- Go to your ‘Documents’ folder
- Locate the file with the ‘rx.ebl’ file extension. This is your recorded data file
You can then analyse the data yourself using EBL Reader, or send it to our tech support team who will be happy to analyse it for you. Please be sure to provide a detailed description of your issue when contacting support.