- Show all articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 48 ) Collapse Articles
How many engines can a single EMU-1 support?
The EMU-1 now supports multiple engine instances and two engines can be monitored using a single EMU-1 provided the following conditions are met:
- There are sufficient inputs i.e. using an EMU-1 for two engines implies that 3 gauge and 2 alarm inputs per engine are sufficient
- The EMU-1 is powered from the same supply which powers the gauges; and the gauges for both engines share this same power supply or
- If no gauges are used then the engines need to share a common ground
Otherwise a separate EMU-1 for each engine should be used.