- Show all articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 48 ) Collapse Articles
- DST: Depth, Speed & Temperature Module7
- NBF-3: NMEA 0183 Buffer10
- NDC-4: NMEA 0183 Multiplexer11
- NDC-5: NMEA 0183 Multiplexer1
- NGW-1 NMEA 2000 Gateway28
- OPTO-4: Serial Opto Isolator10
- PRO-BUF-1: Professional NMEA 0183 Buffer2
- PRO-MUX-1: Professional NMEA 0183 Multiplexer1
- USG-2: USB to Serial Gateway7
What if my NMEA 0183 Listener does not have an isolated input or uses ground for the negative data connection?
Isolation is provided between the NMEA Talker ground and the Listeners RS232 ground.
The OPTO-4 uses the same ground as the RS232 connection for the connection to the NMEA Listener. Connecting an NMEA Listener that is not isolated or uses ground for the return line will negate the isolation, making the OPTO-4 into a normal serial cable. To maintain the isolation that protects the devices from damage, the NMEA listener MUST have an isolated input.