- Show all articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 48 ) Collapse Articles
- DST: Depth, Speed & Temperature Module7
- NBF-3: NMEA 0183 Buffer10
- NDC-4: NMEA 0183 Multiplexer11
- NDC-5: NMEA 0183 Multiplexer1
- NGW-1 NMEA 2000 Gateway28
- OPTO-4: Serial Opto Isolator10
- PRO-BUF-1: Professional NMEA 0183 Buffer2
- PRO-MUX-1: Professional NMEA 0183 Multiplexer1
- USG-2: USB to Serial Gateway7
What special features does the DST-2 have?
This is a very open-ended answer because, as the Actisense Active DST Module’s software can be updated, the list of special features can be extended or modified when required – by Actisense, or a particular customer.
The first special feature developed for a commercial customer was the Hydrographic firmware upgrade which enables additional proprietary NMEA 0183 data to be sent to the PC allowing a hydrographic (picture) slice of the water/seabed to be displayed in full colour, detailing the differing strengths of all echoes.
By scrolling this data every time another slice is received, a history of seabed information is built up. This display creates a detailed picture of the seabed and other echoes (potentially fish) found in the water below the transducer.
This specialist firmware and NMEA display software (for a Windows PC or laptop) is not currently available to the general public.
Please contact Actisense if this option is of interest to you or your company.